I’m so excited to share about the Nature Retreat that I’m hosting with my friend, Beth Williams! Beth owns Counter Talks, a company that guides women through life transitions in safe communal space and guidance on 4 habits that allow free movement. I taught yoga last October at her retreat in St. George, Florida, and was blown away at the fun we had together in both the self development work that Beth leads and the moments of downtime where we each were able to show up authentically in the moment.
Recognizing that we are two peas in a pod who happen to have different ways to leading on similar themes, we decided to host a retreat together!
Now onto the juice –
We will be retreating at my family’s 80 acre property, called Fox Pen, in Hortense, GA, from October 5-8. Fox Pen literally used to be used for fox hunting. When my dad and his friend bought it in 1999, they agreed to keep the name. My dad, Doyle, stays out there about 1/2 of every week, and is always working on new projects – from clearing trails to building new cabins and more to make his heaven a place that people want to frequent. There are 5 rustic cabins, 3 of which the retreat guests will be staying in, all with AC/heat and their own unique charms.
Imagine this weekend as Summer Camp meets Self-Care. You are sure to experience a weekend of escape filled with southern hospitality, wholehearted connections, farm-to-table food, wellness practices, and quality time for self-reflection. Each day you can expect to be served 3 fresh, country-style, home-cooked meals along with beer and wine after 5 pm. Outdoor activities will include trail hikes, golf cart rides, tractor hay rides, canoeing or fishing in the lake, bonfire hangs, star gazing, and more options depending on who comes 🙂
The play integrated with wellness practices has the potential to create a positive transformation that will stick with you well beyond the weekend so you can guarantee that this is an investment in yourself well worth making!
There are only 8 spots left in the main cabin and only 1 private room. So reach out to us with questions and register soon!
- Bunkhouse – 5 bunks sharing 1 large kitchen, 1 indoor full bathroom & 1 outdoor shower – $495/bunk bed
- Private Room – 2 rooms sharing 1 full bath – Queen Bed Room – $825/1 person + $314 per additional person (you two would split the total)
- Tent Camping option with indoor or outdoor bathroom – $385/1 person + $314 per additional person (you two would split the total)
The above prices are for the early birds – they will go up on July 30. Considering spaces are limited, if you know that you and your friends want to do this together, register ASAP by doing the below 2 things:
1. Complete this Registration Form
2. Pay your non-refundable and non-transferable downpayment of either $90 for the Bunk House or camping, and $150 for the Queen Bed in Uncle Remus
These items are included in your purchase:
* Daily yoga with Evan – customized for any age or skill level, including meditation, breath-work, sound healing, physical assists, and post-practice reflection
* Self Reflection group sessions with Beth – designed to strengthen emotional energy and tap into internal joy, touching on themes such as ownership, cognitive reframing, and celebration.
* 3 meals a day – country style, hearty, healthy, organic, and farm-to-table. Featured meals include Oyster Roast (along with stew or chili), BBQ over the outdoor fire pit, and Biscuits paired with “Watson’s World Famous Cane Syrup” made at Fox Pen. Eggs and vegetables will come straight from the garden.
* Goodie Bags 🙂
* Coffee, tea, and water throughout the day
* Beer & wine offered after 5
* Inspiration to explore the grounds for reflection time
* Guided activities: tractor ride led by farmer Doyle, hikes around the 80 acre property, golf cart rides, canoeing and fishing in the lake, Wampus Cat “hunting” (if you don’t know what this is yet, you will), roasting S’mores
* Exclusive use of the games around Fox Pen – corn hole, table tennis, shuffleboard, cards and board games (feel free to bring your own games too)
* Good ‘ol outdoor fun with old and new friends!
* Nightly bonfires, star gazing, story sharing, and music playing
* Hot tub in Laughing Place (main cabin) that we can use from 8am-8pm
I know you’ve got questions, so reach out ASAP because October is right around the corner!